Monday, May 28, 2012

Trolless from Herr Mannelig

Herr Mannelig is a medieval Swedish ballad that tells the story of a female troll who is in love with a guy called Mannelig but he rejected her because she's not a Christian.  I first heard of the story from an adaptation by a German symphonic metal band (though it's sung in Italian!), Haggard.

The writing in Italian is lyrics from the song.  It says:
Se tu fossi una donna cristiana [If you were a Christian woman]
Riceverei volentieri regali così, [I would gladly receive gifts]
Ma io so che sei il peggiore troll [But I know that you are the worst troll]
Figlio degli spiriti maligni [Son of the malignant spirits]

wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herr_Mannelig

I was going to wait until I drew something better for this but Shyue Chou says doodles are fine too.


No comments:

Post a Comment